Explore a Career
Interested in joining our team?
Skillable is a 100% remote and virtual company. You will be expected to be a member of a highly talented and productive team, maintain a high degree of output and focus with minimal daily supervision, working on tasks assigned, while enjoying the benefits of a work from home organization.
To help drive team culture and good working relationships, Skillable leverages remote co-working sessions from time to time in different locations around the United States, where the team comes together to work and get to know each other better.
Our current openings are placed by department below. Select the job title(s) of interest and expand to learn about the role.
Skillable is currently seeking an IT Administrator, who will be responsible for managing and supporting our internal employees as it relates to their technology needs. Skillable is a 100% remote and virtual company. You will be expected to be a member of a highly talented and productive team, maintain a high degree of output and focus with minimal daily supervision, working on tasks assigned, while enjoying the benefits of a work from home organization. To help drive team culture and good working relationships, Skillable leverages remote co-working sessions from time to time in different locations around the USA where the team comes together to work and get to know each other better.
The Internal IT Administrator is responsible for managing and supporting our internal employees as it relates to their technology needs.
- Administer our Microsoft 365 tenant by creating, updating, and removing users, groups, permissions and software licenses assignments
- Administer our Microsoft Endpoint Manager Security and Compliance tool for mobile device management
- Manage the procurement, setup and delivery of new hire and current end user laptops and peripherals
- Manage and maintain licenses and subscriptions for all products used by internal employees
- Report on licenses and subscriptions to assist in annual budgeting process
- Build and maintain specialized department laptop disk images to speed in the deployment of new laptops
- Provide technical support within agreed to SLAs for internal end users as tickets are opened
- Collaborate with HR and Security & Compliance on processes, procedures and requirements
- Communicate, in a timely manner, Internal IT processes and answers to common questions to the entire company through normal communication channels
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Platform Infrastructure
Skillable is seeking a N.O.C. Engineer who will be responsible for owning and managing incident reports from start to resolution with system health monitoring/management, customer/internal team communications, tracking and documenting all defects and resolutions in detail through a designated ticketing system. Troubleshooting/triage of issues within their defined areas.
The N.O.C. Engineer is a position in the Skillable Technical Operations department and reports to the N.O.C. Team Manager.
- Ticket Management:
- Respond to and resolve tickets within the SLA.
- Ensure tickets are tagged appropriately
- Escalate issues as needed.
- At all times have a thorough understanding of all aspects of Skillable services and products, including all features, functions, and capabilities.
- Be familiar with high priority Skillable clients/programs and general users.
- Knowledge of service architecture, design, resource configuration and business impact of events and symptoms.
- Expertise in monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of service subject matter and business processes.
- Knowledge of incident models, diagnostic tools, methods.
- Analytical skills.
- Clear and professional communication skills, both written and verbal
The Senior BA/Scrum Master is responsible for delivery of our software development life cycle.
This role reports to the Director of Platform Development for their respective platform(s) and is a member of the Platform Technology Team. You will work closely with the Product and Platform Managers and developers in a highly collaborative, agile environment. At times, you will be required to work directly with customers, or other teams or team members to ensure assignments meet the broader functional and visual requirements, and to gather and define those requirements as needed.
- Review, analyze and evaluate business systems, processes, and company needs
- Gather business needs from and with Director of Platform Development (Platform Owner) and key stakeholders including C-Level Executives
- Support and assist Platform Owner with feature and user story definition, prioritization, and ongoing refinement (Azure Dev Ops backlog management)
- Prepare and deliver presentations to both technical and non-technical audiences (includes facilitation of Sprint demonstrations and support for company-wide Production Release demonstrations)
- Assist Platform Owner with promotion, facilitation and implementation of Scrum and Agile training for development teams to enable continued success with current agile transformation and to realize the ‘value of Scrum’ (Scrum and Agile transformation began in early 2021)
- Act as the liaison between the Platform Owners and the development team members through the solution delivery process/SDLC (includes facilitation of primary Scrum ceremonies for development teams and mitigating risks/removing daily dev blockers)
- Assist Platform Owner and Dev Leads with scope and estimation for proposed solutions leading to accurate cost and timeline estimates
- Determine how changing business needs will affect current systems and processes (outline current vs future state scenarios for feature sets and user stories)
- Provide reporting on software performance and development velocity (Sprint and Scrum team reports where requested by Platform Owner)
- Define/outline high-level Acceptance Criteria and primary functional testing scenarios for features and user stories (Gherkin / behavior-driven-design)
- Perform functional and regression testing where requested, to support QA
- Coordinate software builds through different environments, including the coordination of testing events and deployments
- Ensure that specification documents meet the required business functionality (where applicable)
- Review and approve requested system changes and develop detailed specifications for implementation where applicable (support for QA testers and Platform Owners)
- Identify and analyze non-functional requirements such as system performance, usability, reliability, adaptability, security, legal and other operational aspects.
- Assist users, customers, additional employees and technical support team, in solving both functional and system issues/bugs on an ad-hoc basis (bug triages and diagnosis)
- Provide end-user instruction, training and support to resolve application issues (support for QA, Readiness team, Marketing needs, and Platform Owner, as requested)
- Support applications, client interfaces, development teams, project and change management to realize value from system changes and development
- Identify and coordinate cross-functional dependencies throughout the release cycle.
- Other tasks as assigned by Platform Owner
Skillable is currently seeking a Senior Director of Release Management, who will be responsible for managing and leading the Platform Development Management Team, the Test and Quality Assurance Team and the Documentation Team. The release management role is critical to the delivery of quality software for Skillable. The leader in this role is responsible for the release process, planning, scheduling, testing and documentation. You will also facilitate and drive the collaboration of multiple teams to achieve the successful delivery of bug free software. A continuous deployment mentality is important and should be backed with practical experience in process improvements.
The Senior Director of Release Management reports to the Chief Technology Officer and has a broad set of responsibilities which encompass managing the platform release cycle, the test and QA process and the delivery of world class documentation. Duties include the following:
- Develop, manage, lead, and mentor the release management teams.
- Identify and implement process improvements that reduces overall effort required to manage a release cycle.
- Provide technical leadership for every aspect of what the release management team does.
- Establish and install release management standards and processes along with best practices for delivering high-quality and massively scalable SaaS software.
- Work closely with Engineers, Developers and Platform Managers and Product Managers throughout the organization to influence product development to assist or improve our products.
- Drive release execution improvements that result in deployment efficiencies, including automation of manual processes.
- Perform regular quality and design reviews to ensure the team is attaining business goals and provide regular updates to CTO.
- Participate in strategic planning to accomplish technical and business goals.
- Collaborate effectively with all team members.
- Understand customer needs and allocate resources to address the needs, following through on any issues to ensure resolutions meet customer expectations.
- Have a proactive mindset to drive change, question assumptions and push for innovative solutions.
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct and Skillable Company Values.
Skillable is currently seeking a Systems Engineer, who will report to the Director of Platform Infrastructure and under supervision of the Sr. Systems Administrator. This role will be responsible for assisting in maintaining the health of our physical and virtual infrastructure components, consisting of our physical geo-distributed datacenters, and our public cloud infrastructure footprint. Other responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, assistance in coordination of routine maintenance tasks, the configuration of new and existing hardware and software technologies, handling internal escalations for platform related issues, working with and designing monitoring and automation solutions for platform management and health, and travel to on-site datacenter and departmental meeting locations. The role also includes an on-call escalation rotation.
Essential Functions & Job Duties
- Ticket Management: Respond to and resolve tickets within the SLA, ensure tickets are tagged appropriately and escalate issues as needed.
- Perform day to day administrative, management, and configuration tasks.
- Monitor datacenter, platform (LOD/TMS/Portal), and cloud (Azure/AWS) infrastructure usage and activities and proactively respond to issues as needed.
- Assist with routine, scheduled, and unscheduled maintenance tasks
- Act as a primary point of escalation for resolving issues affecting our platform
- Engage with internal staff and support to understand platform use and shortcomings.
- Contribute to discussions and decisions on the directions we are taking and ongoing projects/tasks
- Analyze platform usage to determine and document best practices and templates.
- Travel to on-site locations, domestic and international, for meetings and projects
- Assist in writing documentation that includes the necessary information required for publishing to internal or external consumption
- Other duties to assist in the daily function of the platform and business needs
Skillable is currently seeking a Lab Content Engineer. The Lab Content Engineer is responsible for supporting our go to market programs and content lifecycle management obligations by building and maintaining lab content and virtual machines across our products and services. This position works at the direction of the Lab Operations Team Manager to execute against internal and external customer commitments and maintain high quality content execution within internal and external SLAs.
The Lab Content Engineer is a position in the Skillable Lab Operations Team, within Technical Operations and reports to the Lab Operations Team Manager.
- Comfortable working from home and a self-motivator
- Strong ability to troubleshoot using many different resources including web searches
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Clear and professional communication skills – both written and verbal
- Familiarity with many different technologies in the Windows and Linux families
- Familiarity with major cloud provider platforms (Azure/AWS/Google)
- Usage and understanding of the following Lab on Demand platform aspects:
- Lab creation, management, and maintenance using Hyper-V, VMware, and/or Cloud Slice (Azure, AWS)
- Content creation and management using the markdown tools in the Lab on Demand IDLx editor
- Interacting with storage, hosts, file shares, etc.
- Understanding of virtual disk management
- Understanding of virtual networking
Technical Services Support is a vital role in the Skillable Technical Operations department. Technical Services Support is responsible for assisting our customers and provide timely answers to their questions using multiple communication types (email/ticket system, phone, IM). This position requires focus on excellent customer service skills and technical knowledge. Candidates should have the ability to clearly communicate and quickly assess escalation scenarios.
- Ability to effectively manage one’s time in a remote work from home environment.
- Assist customers with questions and issues around all aspects of Skillable services and products
- Support Ticket Management: Respond to and resolve tickets in a timely manner utilizing the Zendesk support software, Ensure tickets are tagged, triaged, and addressed appropriately, promptly and within SLA limits, Escalate issues as needed, Provide timely and excellent customer service
- At all times have a thorough understanding of all aspects of Skillable services and products, including all features, functions, and capabilities: Training Management System, IDLx, Lab on Demand, ABA/PBT, Automation Tools, Cloud Based Solutions (Azure, AWS), Shared Labs, Original Content, Be familiar with high priority clients/programs and general users of Skillable
The Technical Services Support (Tier 2) is a vital role in the Skillable Technical Operations department. This position is completely remote, therefor a qualifying candidate is expected to have a home workspace that includes a private, quiet area for meetings and conference calls and occasional travel (This may include travel outside the US). Technical Services Support (Tier 2) are responsible for building and managing Skillable lab environments using Hyper-V, VMWare and cloud platforms. In addition to preparing client content, Technical Services Support (Tier 2) function as a Tier-2 support, assisting the Skillable Technical Services Support (Tier-1) with advanced lab issues.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Build and Maintain Skillable Internal Lab Profiles by configuring Virtual Machines, Cloud Services & ancillary documents and resources as needed
- Build and maintain Microsoft Official Curriculum and Microsoft Community courses within provided timeframe
- Build requests and tasks will be provided and managed by Technical Services Administration Lead
- Build External Lab Profiles
- Build client proprietary labs per provided build guides and documentation
- Standup labs per provided lab files sent via Skillable FTP or shipped via HDDs within Skillable SLA
- Transition client proprietary labs from development series to production series
- Assist with Event Preparation as needed
- Assist with deployment of lab files for large scale events featuring Skillable hosted labs
- Opportunities may involve traveling to provide on-site event assistance
- Content Ticket Management
- Respond to and resolve tickets in a timely manner utilizing the Zendesk Support Software
- Ensure tickets are tagged, triaged, and addressed appropriately, promptly and within SLA limits
- Escalate issues as needed
- Provide timely and excellent customer service
- Content Provider Lab Management
- Attend Content Provider meetings and work with Content Provider on their build schedules
- Troubleshoot and escalate issues with labs to Content Provider contact
Skillable is currently seeking a Technical Support Engineer, who will play a vital role in the Skillable Customer Operations department. Technical Support Engineer (Tier 3) functions as a Tier-3 support, assisting the Skillable Technical Services Support (Tier-1 and Tier-2) with advanced lab issues.
Technical Support Engineer (Tier 3) reports directly to the Team Lead.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to effectively manage one’s time in a remote work-from-home environment.
- Ability to advocate for clients within Skillable
- Participation in daily and/or weekly meetings
- Build and Maintain Skillable Internal Lab Profiles by configuring Virtual Machines, Cloud Services & ancillary documents and resources as needed. uild and maintain Microsoft Official Curriculum and Microsoft Community courses within provided timeframe
- Assist with Event Preparation as needed. Assist with deployment of lab files for large scale events featuring Skillable hosted labs. Opportunities may involve traveling to provide on-site event assistance
- Content Ticket Management: Respond to and resolve tickets in a timely manner utilizing the Zendesk Support Software, Ensure tickets are tagged, triaged, and addressed appropriately, promptly and within SLA limits, Effective escalation and follow-up of issues as needed, Provide timely and excellent customer service
- Content Provider Lab Management: Attend Content Provider meetings and work with Content Provider on their build schedules, Troubleshoot and escalate issues with labs to Content Provider contact.
Skillable is currently seeking a Lab Delivery (API) Product Manager. As a key member of the Skillable Products group, this individual will be accountable for consistently improving our standards and processes for enabling customers to (1) present and deliver labs to their learner communities and (2) deliver the right lab usage data in the right way at the right time. Both will be accomplished by consuming Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) used by our customers’ Learning Management System (LMS), our proprietary Training Management System (TMS).
This role has responsibility for contributing to our implementation and support processes, writing and approving internal and customer-facing documentation, and contributing to a product development lifecycle that produces high quality, consistency, high customer satisfaction, and on-time/on-budget deliverables. These responsibilities extend to managing end-to-end processes related to our suite of APIs, custom API connectors, and support of specific API standards like LTI (Learning Tools Interoperability). These APIs enable (1) customers to surface specific hands-on labs to their end users, (2) end users to launch labs hosted on our platform, and (3) a wide set of lab-specific data to be sent to the customers’ system (e.g., Learning Management System, Partner Portal, Exam Deliver Platform). The API Product Manager will:
- Proactively lead internal training programs for customer-facing departments
- Serve as primary escalation point between customer-facing teams and engineering
- Create collaborative market- and customer-driven product requirements
- Collaborate with engineering, customer-facing teams, and operations
- Drive our API go to market and customer-facing documentation strategy
This is an individual contributor role reporting to the Chief Product Manager, and must nurture strong relationships across the organization to ensure we’re appropriately documenting and socializing Best Practices, feature requests and new requirements to both internal and external audiences.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities.
The duties of this role fall into the following broad areas:
- Own the processes ensuring we have a scalable approach to onboarding and supporting customers leveraging our suite of APIs for launching and reporting on labs.
- Work day-to-day with customers and our Customer Success team to consistently refine and accelerate the onboarding process for API customers.
- Work across the organization to establish and consistently improve processes for decreasing Time to Market (TTM) for Performance-based Testing (PBT) exam items.
- Work with the team to establish the most effective and efficient rhythm of technical communication and follow-up with team members and customers.
- Proactively identify, document, and train team members and customers on standard Best Practices; and eliminate situations deviating from them.
- Proactively identify, document, and share recommendations for platform improvements; collaborate with Engineering and the
- Director Product Management to understand and help shape the platform roadmap from an API perspective.
2. Establish standards for and proactively maintain our customer-facing API documentation
- Work with Engineering and Operations to ensure all API-related documentation is accurate, legacy documentation is archived, and appropriate role-based documentation exists (e.g., how to implement, how to test, how to support, how to troubleshoot).
3. Establish a product vision for our proprietary LMS and suite of APIs.
- Identify which APIs are required, based on the needs of the business, internal and external developers, and our customers; and clarify the value they will produce.
- Clearly communicate the benefits to our API suite and our best practices to developers, customers, and business stakeholders, using appropriate sales tools and documents.
- Promote and launch new APIs for use in the appropriate ecosystems and manage the integration pipeline.
- With the appropriate team members, drive relationships with specific LMS vendors to land native integrations, including managing the maintenance process.
- Seek feedback and optimize the experience of everyone in the ecosystem.
- Study market trends to determine the strategy and roadmap for our suite of APIs.
- With engineering, develop a trustworthy cost model to developing APIs.